Alpha 1.3 released!
ALPHA 1.3 RELEASED!
I finally got around to releasing alpha 1.3 of Distant Lands. Unfortunately, for now it is Windows only.
You can find an experimental browser version here for Mac / Linux users. You can NOT save with this in-browser version yet.
If you have the chance to play and test it out, gladly let me know what you think and if there is any bugs in the itch forum.
Here is the full changelog for a1.3:
- New resolution & GUI.
- New re-done city trading system!
- New tutorial.
- New shortcut buttons which can be defined by holding SHIFT + pressing the button. (Used for shortcutting commands you use a lot in-game.)
- New shortcut buttons for changing / using items & tools.
- New mini journal for scouting and loot logs.
- New function: checks for updates at launch.
- Added hint system. You get a hint every four day in-game.
- Added an easier difficulty mode and a selection screen when starting a new game.
- Added a prompt incase you leave without dismantling your camp. This can be turned off in the options menu.
- Improved more input commands.
- Changed animal names per land.
- Removed old shorcut mode.
- New city images with help text.
- Help commands in the options menu.
- New options command 'hardcore' - removes all shortcut buttons.
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where "setup camp" uses energy even when you can't set up camp.
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where "explore" scenarios which would use sounds over a certain value would crash the game.
- Bug fix: Other misc. bugfixes.
- Balancing: Made it so you can't be "brutally attacked" until you've atleast passed five days in-game.
- Other: Added more features to "mobile" mode, now called touchpad mode. Can be activated by writing "dev:touchpad" . Very early test.
Update: 1.3.01 quick bug fix release
- Added "maps" to starter mode.
- Dismantling camp now gives you branches as well.
- Fixed hints not appearing.
Get Distant Lands
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.