A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In Distant Lands you explore through different areas and landscapes, all while scavenging for items and tools, building camps & surviving. This is an open-world survival game where a lot is based on chance and randomness. How long can you survive? What will you encounter along the way?
Current version: Beta 1.0
Some of the things you can do in the game include…
- Collect and upgrade tools for defending yourself or collecting resources.
- Explore different lands, weather and climates like cold taigas, dry deserts or plain fields.
- Find and explore towns to buy items, do quests and travel.
- Interact with traders and strangers. ( ..or don’t, it’s up to you.)
- Craft a bow to hunt deer or use a fishing rod to fish.
- Build camps for the night to craft items and vehicles, cook food and sleep.
- Find dungeon caves and explore them for treasure.. but be prepared for what you might face!
- Make a campfire & upgrade it to sleep better, cook food or upgrade your tools.
- Collect up to 15 achievements!
Made with AppGameKit.
If you prefer to play in-browser, you can do so here. This version is a little more experimental and buggy than the download version.
Beta 1.0 is tested working on:
- Linux Mint 21
- macOS Ventura
- Windows 11
This is a beta version, which means the game is not finished! There might be bugs! Gladly report them here on itch.io, if you encounter any - thanks!
- This is not a final release.
- You may not redistribute this game.
- You may not claim this as your own work or sell it.
- Linux beta 1.0 release!30 days ago
- BETA 1.0 RELEASE!Apr 08, 2022
- Beta 1.0 announced!Mar 31, 2022
- Alpha 1.4.1 released!Mar 24, 2022
- Alpha 1.4 released!Mar 21, 2022
- Alpha 1.3 released!Jan 13, 2022
- Alpha 1.3 sneak peak 3Nov 21, 2021
- Alpha 1.3 sneak peak 2Nov 19, 2021